Your Ad Here

Kopi Roti -- The Gallery

12:13 AM / Posted by ulrikov /

Ever since I was exposed to working overtime on projects during my architecture undergrad days, I have gone accustomed to having coffee to get me through the blistering night. Coffee has done a lot of things and got me through the most crucial times. And so, though I'm not a coffee expert or something, I do appreciate a good nice blend of coffee. Today we're gonna take a look at one of the coffee shops here in Cebu which has slowly built up its reputation - Kopi Roti.

I was looking for a cup of brewed coffee one night and suddenly I recalled my friend mentioning about this shop which her friend operates. Kopi Roti Coffee Shop is located in The Gallery along the Mabolo street. You'll notice it immediately since it's the only coffee shop around the commercial strip.

Well, one thing that certainly sets this coffee shop apart from the others is that it offers your favorite coffee with a certain combo. Your coffee could go with a Kopi Bun, Kaya Toast, Soft Boiled Egg and pretty much more. I was used to have my coffee with nothing paired with it (just the plain black coffee with a little bit of sugar). While I looked at the price, I noticed that it seems like it was barely the same with other coffee shops (except that its partnered by their specialities). So, I decided to try it out.

Their brewed coffee was good but not that exemplary. However, the specialities paired with it works well with it. Their coffee alone (without the specialities) is nearly half the price of other coffee brands but it serves well for its price. Service is good in the shop. When I went there, I was immediately greeted by the owner. She oriented me with their shop and was really accommodating...That goes for her staff also. Wi-fi is readily available within the shop, so for techies...spending time there would go along way.

Overall, Kopi Roti is an alternative for people who want brewed coffee but not on a heavy price. It's a good place to idle. With Php 48.00, you can already avail of their coffee (Kopi "O") with milk...add Php 40.00 to that one and you get to try their specialities together with their coffee. Not that heavy on the pocket, but does a very fine job.

My Rating : RECOMMENDED

Labels:

1 comments:

Anonymous on July 21, 2009 at 1:42 AM

Yea..maybe i'll try to drop by there sometime.

Post a Comment