Your Ad Here

CITOM Towing Contractor

4:07 AM / Posted by ulrikov /

Last night, I had an overtime in the provincial hospital; After that was done, I was finally able to head home. It was already way pass 12 o'clock and I thought that I may be able hit the sack in an hour. On my way home, I decided to stop over at my friend's apartment and pick up some work that he needed help with. I thought to myself -- might as well pick these up, so I can work 'em in the morning.

I spent a few minutes discussing with my colleague on the plans of how we're going to handle the said work. While doing so, I took a glimpse at the hallway and saw a crowd starting to build up in the gate of his apartment. With my curiosity, I took some time and checked it out. To my surprise, it was my car being towed by the CITOM Contractors!

To my own defense, I approached the towing contractors and asked why my car was being towed?! From what I knew overnight parking is a city ordinance in the city of Cebu (you can't park in the road after 12 o'clock) BUT your car can't be towed if the owner is there -- only a citation ticket should be issued (CITOM orientation). I tried to reason out with them and hopefully come up with a resolution...however, the two contractors just pointed me to the paper they posted in the wall which was about my car being towed.

Well, I suddenly noticed...there was no T/E (CITOM Traffic Enforcer) with them?! This is clearly illegal apprehension. I know that only enforcers can issue tickets and not those private contractors...But without any delay, the two personnel left with haste and didn't even bother listening to me...bringing along with them my car. I even overheard 'em talking to the walkie talkie -- "Sir, the owner is here..what should we do".

I tried to call the CITOM office and they told me that their crew always has an enforcer to implement traffic rules. Well, this was not true in my case.

Today, I processed the release of my car from the impound lot and filed for legal action against the enforcer for his negligence.

My tip for you guys out there who will have an experience on this one --- Stay calm. Try to find the enforcer and kindly reason out with him in a decisive but respectful manner. If the enforcer is not there on the incident, then you have every right to resist it!


An example of CITOM's Towing In Action

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment